ARIEL H. CUSTODIO

My photo
RIYADH, KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA, Saudi Arabia

Monday, October 25, 2010

TRUE HAPPINESS ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE

The Secret of What Brings True Happiness
One day, one friend asked another, "How is it that you are always so happy? You have so much energy, and you never seem to get down." With her eyes smiling, she said, "I know the Secret!" "What secret is that?" To which she replied, "I'll tell you all about it, but you have to promise to share the Secret with others."
"The Secret is this: I have learned there is little I can do in my life that will make me truly happy. I must depend on God to make me happy and to meet my needs. When a need arises in my life, I have to trust God to supply according to His riches. I have learned, most of the time I don't need half of what I think I do. He has never let me down. Since I learned that Secret, I am happy."
Everyone wants to be joyful. Many people spend large sums of money in the search for elusive joy and happiness.
What gives a person real joy? Money? Good health? Lots of friends? Beauty? A good figure? Power? Influence? You may have heard someone say, "Oh, if I could only have a million dollars, I would be the happiest person in the world!"
In the Bible the psalmist said that being with Jesus filled him with complete joy. "...In Your presence is fullness of joy;..." (Psalm 16:11). Jesus is the One who imparts the Holy Spirit, and when we have the Spirit of God we have the gift of joy. (See Galatians 5:22.)
Are you aware of the fact that Jesus wants to give you the gift of joy? No matter what is happening in your life presently, He is offering you joy to the fullest. Maybe you have lost all your possessions in some natural disaster, or perhaps your family is breaking up. Or maybe you have lost your job and thereby all means of support is cut off. Whatever the circumstance, you can still have the joy of His presence at all times. And when you have Jesus, you have everything.
The apostle Paul endured hardships and trials of every sort, but still he could positively say, "...I am exceedingly joyful in all our tribulations" (2 Corinthians 7:4). Such joy and peace comes to us because we completely trust the One who is in control of all the circumstances of life, and He has promised to supply all of our needs.


Now you know it too! We can't depend on people to make us happy. Only God in His infinite wisdom can do that. Trust Him!
There is no key to happiness--the door is always open!

No comments:

Post a Comment